Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct Nurse Aide Instructor-CE-All Centers
Required: Associates's Degree in Nursing. RN currently licensed in Iowa and/or Nebraska.
Preferred: BSN is preferred. Familiarity with state and national nursing education standards highly desirable.
Required: Minimum of 2 yr. experience as a Registered Nurse with at least 1year experience in Long Term Care.
Preferred: Teaching experience is preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Independent decision making, ability to exercise good judgment, and the use of critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrate good organizational and communication skills
• Be able to work with a diverse group of students
• Display professional attitude and appearance in class and clinical
• Be Flexible and work in an environment of shifting priorities
• Working knowledge of computers.
• Must have reliable transportation to travel to clinical sites. Must provide yearly TB Test and other immunizations as required by clinical sites
Ability to organize and present various curriculum concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Position location at all centers-Clarinda, Shenandoah, Harlan and Atlantic
Part-time position for a Registered Nurse in Health Education at Iowa Western Community College. This position is in the Continuing Health Education Office assists the teaching of the 75 Hour Nurse Aide Course, Medication Aide and other Long Term Care Courses.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom/lab environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Day and evening classes may be required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to promote, develops, and delivers quality education programs that are in the best interest of the students and the college.
- Organize and teach classes and the labs as assigned by the Coordinator.
- Conduct class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
- Contribute to the development of course competencies for the program.
- Assist with the development and revision of program curricula.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of students to the program.
- Maintain competency and knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the nursing field.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Coordinator, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Understand and adhere to the organization structure of the College and the Continuing Education division.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Responsibilities also include clinical experiences with students appropriate to course assignment.
- Undertake and proficiently complete additional duties as assigned.
It is the policy of the College to extend equal opportunities to all employees and to applicants for employment who meet the qualifications established for a position for which the application is made. It is also the policy of this institution not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of disability, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, national origin or any other characteristic that is legally protected.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, phone number (712)325-3413, email email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number (312)730-1560, fax (312)730-1576.
open until filled