Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Design Technology Instructor
Basic Function and Responsibility:
The instructor will be responsible for course instruction and lab/classroom management in all aspects of the Design Technology program. Other duties include, but are not limited to, curriculum development/restructuring, student assessment, student academic advising, student recruitment, and responsibilities for equipment, materials and supplies. This is a full-time faculty position and will be located at the Iowa Western Cass County Center in Atlantic, IA.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require lifting up to 25 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Some travel is required.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the academic dean, meeting the contract minimum of on-campus hours per week.
- Conduct productive class sessions for the entire period scheduled.
- Facilitate student achievement of course and program competencies including active advising.
- Contribute to the development of course competencies for the program.
- Facilitate relationships with industry partners to benefit the program, students and partnerships.
- Function as a facilitator for the program’s Advisory Board.
- Assist with the development and monitoring of the program budget.
- Maintain knowledge of current research, practice, and trends in the Design Technology field.
- Maintain program equipment.
- Maintain student enrollment, attendance, competency records, grades and other pertinent class and student records in compliance with FERPA guidelines.
- Participate in departmental, and college meetings as scheduled.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and positive student successful environment.
- Demonstrate punctuality on all requests from the Center Director and Dean.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teaching-learning process.
- Capable of creating a classroom and lab environment which is conducive to student learning.
- Strong motivation to work/serve under-prepared students.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- ASME Y14.5 and Y14.100 standards
- 3D CAD modeling
- Parametric modeling and PMI
- PLM, PDM, ERP, MRP or other engineering data management software systems
- Rapid prototyping technologies
Required: Bachelor’s Degree in industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering or a related field.
Preferred: Master’s Degree in industrial, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering or a related field.
- Experience with Engineering Design Process
- Experience with manufacturing processes
- Professional experience as an Industrial Designer
- Previous teaching experience at the high school, community college, or university level. (Ability to teach engineering statics and mechanics).
- Experience with Siemens Teamcenter PLM, NX, and Solid Edge CAD design software.
General supervision received from the Dean of STEM Division and Cass County Center Director.
It is the policy of the College to extend equal opportunities to all employees and to applicants for employment who meet the qualifications established for a position for which the application is made. It is also the policy of this institution not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of disability, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, national origin or any other characteristic that is legally protected.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, phone number (712)325-3413, email email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number (312)730-1560, fax (312)730-1576.
open until filled