Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Adjunct Sports Media Production Instructor
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Media, Journalism, Communications or related field with at least 6,000 hours of recent, relevant work experience in the media industry.
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills.
- Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teacher-learning process and sports field production.
- Capable of creating a classroom environment which is conducive to student learning.
- Weekend availability for Reiver home football game broadcasts.
- Master’s degree in Communications or related field with a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in Communications.
- Previous teaching experience at the high school or community college level.
- Working knowledge of cameras, lighting and editing equipment used in sports video production (Ideal if candidate has experience with broadcasting live sporting events.)
- Ability and experience in troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Ability to manage a crew during a live broadcast.
- Committed to retaining students in the program.
- Comfortable working in a team environment, under pressure with deadlines.
- An understanding of the community college philosophy and the community college student.
- Experience with alternative learning delivery methods and systems.
- Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty and in the curriculum.
- Computer experience in common software and Internet.
About the Position: The instructor will be responsible for course instruction, classroom management, and technical guidance for the Sports Field Production class. Other duties include troubleshooting, producing, directing, and managing the live production of home Reiver football games.
- Conduct class meetings for the entire period scheduled and in a punctual manner.
- Complete course assessment report forms for every course each semester in a timely fashion.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the department, in all courses assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Leading students through the live production process at all Reiver home football games.
Employment Conditions: Teaching assignment is located at the Council Bluffs campus.
It is the policy of the College to extend equal opportunities to all employees and to applicants for employment who meet the qualifications established for a position for which the application is made. It is also the policy of this institution not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of disability, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, national origin or any other characteristic that is legally protected.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, phone number (712)325-3413, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number (312)730-1560, fax (312)730-1576.
open until filled