Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Performs a wide range of facilities services tasks including non-technical maintenance of plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilating, and/or air conditioning facilities and equipment, at a level not requiring formal licensure. May be required to perform tasks of other unlicensed trades, such as a light equipment operator, carpenter, painter, and/or locksmith.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors, maintains, and performs standard repairs to building electrical facilities and systems, such as tubes, fixtures, switches, photo cells, and outlets; assists licensed electricians with non-technical repairs as appropriate.
- Monitors and performs non-technical maintenance of plumbing systems, to include standard repair of leaking fixtures, cleaning obstructed waste lines, installing water coolers, and/or performing non-technical modifications to plumbing and water supply systems; assists licensed plumbers, as appropriate.
- Performs carpentry maintenance tasks including routine sheetrock/drywall installation and/or repair, window replacement, cabinet and countertop replacement, painting and texturing, and door and hardware installation; paints interior and exterior finishes, as appropriate.
- May perform general maintenance, custodial, and trash removal tasks.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Documents facilities maintenance requirements; maintains appropriate records of work performed.
- Performs snow removal, as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Skill in the use of computers, preferably in a PC, Windows-based operating environment.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Knowledge of one or more building trades.
Position Requires: a) Performing a wide range of non-technical maintenance; b) Repairing electrical fixtures, switches and outlets, and c) Repairing leaking fixtures, cleaning obstructed lines, replacing windows, and painting.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Possession of a valid driver's license is required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
Iowa Western Community College provides all training required by OSHA to ensure employee safety.
It is the policy of the College to extend equal opportunities to all employees and to applicants for employment who meet the qualifications established for a position for which the application is made. It is also the policy of this institution not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of disability, gender identity, age, race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, national origin or any other characteristic that is legally protected.
If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with this policy, please contact the Director of Human Resources, 2700 College Rd, Council Bluffs, IA 51503, phone number (712)325-3413, email email@example.com, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, phone number (312)730-1560, fax (312)730-1576.
open until filled