Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Clarinda Correctional Facility Secretary
Minimum of one year secretarial experience using MS Office suite
Secretarial training (or 2 years’ experience in an office setting) required at a minimum; Associates Degree preferred.
Knowledge of general office Routine. Must have knowledge of computer software, including
Word, Excel, and Access. Experience working with Microsoft Publisher also helpful. Proficient
operating personal computer and all other office equipment. Relate well with co-workers and the
- Assists Education Supervisor with communications and compiling and preparing daily/monthly reports for CCF staff, IWCC staff and DOC Staff
- Compiles lists of students needing school and/or testing
- Keeps track of student contact hours per month and complete the required paperwork
- Keeps information current on ICON system of academic courses taken, beginning and ending dates, and HiSET, CASAS, and/or TABE scores
- Maintains a current database of documentation for monthly tracking reports. Designs new record keeping databases and spreadsheets as needed. Compiles monthly, quarterly, and annual data for CCF, IWCC, DOC reports as needed.
- Maintains current inventory of materials and equipment
- Assists with preparing weekly class schedule and turnout lists for all education programs
- Verifies high school diplomas and GED scores from other institutions/schools on all inmates arriving at CCF.
- Prepares and processes testing materials and all numerical data required for TE.
- Classifies all new students into education programs and prepares paperwork/folders for orientation.
- Makes travel arrangements for education staff conferences or workshops
- Completes required DOC security training
- Is alert to and adheres to current custody and security policies and procedures of CCF, IWCC, and DOC.
- Initiates the appropriate verbal/written reports as deemed by policy and procedures of CCF, IWCC, and DOC
- Coordinates communications with the education department (i.e. answer phone calls and radio traffic, pass students to appointment, etc.)
- Assists in organizing and maintaining supplies/report forms for the students and staff
- Assists Education Supervisor in making sure instructors have required materials daily to cover their classrooms
- Supervises inmate teachers’ aides in the education office when using office equipment.
- May act as HiSET examiner and be responsible for security of all HiSET testing materials.
- Gives breaks to teaching staff during the day as necessary.
- Does other duties as assigned by the Education Coordinator.
open until filled