Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Admissions Advisor/Campus Visit Specialist
Organizes and facilitates on-campus recruiting events, including tours, group visits, counselor visits, Saturday visits, and program-specific visits. Supervises a group of Student Ambassadors. Communicates with prospective students and their families regularly through presentations, phone calls, written communiqué, and various electronic means of social media accounts. Serves as an admissions advisor to new students, providing admissions, registration, financial aid, college planning assistance, as well as academic advising.
Bachelor’s degree required
- Must express sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students.
- Must illustrate a history of successful collaboration with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Must demonstrate student-centered decision making.
- Must convey a commitment to delivering first-rate customer service and exceptional support on a daily basis.
- Experience speaking and presenting in formal and informal environments to small and large groups.
- Experience working in student services and/or sales preferred.
- Experience in event planning and management.
- Work performed in Student Services at an institution of higher education, preferably a community college.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate policies and procedures to students.
- Ability to follow through independently.
- Ability to maintain enthusiasm when presenting to and working with students.
- Strong computer and advanced technological skills.
- Requires a willingness to work evenings and weekends periodically throughout the year, as well as additional hours when needed.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to drive college vehicles.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Plans and facilitates on-campus recruiting events that vary in scope and scale. Develops agendas and presentations, and markets the events to prospective students. Gives presentations and provides information on college services and resources, admissions and financial aid advising, career and transfer planning assistance, and gives campus tours. Explores new ideas and constantly strives to improve campus visits.
- Extends invitations to students, parents, and counselors for all on-campus recruiting events. Manages registrations for the event and sending confirmations and follow-up communication.
- Responsible for all incoming and outgoing communication regarding on-campus recruiting events, including management of recruitment email and social media accounts.
- Communicates regularly with prospective students, applicants, and parents via phone calls, mailings, and emails. Builds relationships with students and families, and assists students with the admissions process through registration, both face-to-face and via phone/email.
- Hires, trains, schedules, and oversees the Blue Crew, who give tours to prospective students at recruiting events.
- Plans and executes distance registration and orientation events and provides support for New Student Registration and Orientation events. Maintains frequent contact with incoming students regarding admissions and financial aid requirements, registration, and academic advising. Assists new students and parents with enrollment procedures and provides orientation information.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the Admissions FAQ and tours web pages.
- Arranges and facilitates individual and personalized tours for students and families who are unable to attend the scheduled on-campus visits as well as outside groups who want to expose their students to college via a trip to the college.
- Explores new tactics and ideas to enhance recruiting and relates information to the recruiters and admissions staff.
- Attends and assists with three commencement ceremonies throughout the year.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Monday-Wednesday: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Thursday: 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping, or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, telephones, faxes, and copiers.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
open until filled