Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Director Workforce Development
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred. Should have several years of experience related to workforce development, plus administrative and supervisory experience. Should have strong background in one or more of the following areas; training program design, grant management, state and/or federal workforce development programs.
The Workforce Development Director provides both administrative and program services to the department. The Director’s time will be proportioned between these two functions. The Director is responsible for administrative functions including the administration of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult and Dislocated Worker Program, and the WIOA Youth and Young Adult Program. The Director will also provide program services including direct assistance to program participants.
- Directly manage the day-to-day operations of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) program at the IowaWORKS office.
- Facilitate continuous efficiency and quality improvement through deploying and improving systems, structures, procedures, etc.
- Provide supervision, leadership, guidance and coordination to the WIOA staff.
- Review and monitor program files, including client eligibility and services.
- Coordinate the resolution of findings resulting from program audits and quality assurance monitoring.
- Develop, administer and monitor all budget, procurement and performance functions.
- Oversee federal and state reporting requirements.
- Prepare all planning documents, including the WIOA local service plan.
- Serve as the college’s representative to the Region 13 Workforce Development Board and Chief Elected Officials. Prepare and present information related to programs, finances and performance.
- Direct and evaluate the design and implementation of workforce training programs, the supervision of training staff, and the coordination of external training resources.
- Be responsible for marketing and promoting Workforce Development as an integrated resource to business and industry, eligible program participants, and other stakeholders.
- Be able to communicate effectively and represent the interests of the college with Iowa Workforce Development, and other federal, state and local industry or workforce development organizations and stakeholders.
- Work effectively with local workforce development service providers and partner organizations and coordinate the delivery of appropriate workforce development programs and services.
- Be informed on all federal, state and local regulations as they pertain to Workforce Development.
- Direct and oversee the maintenance of appropriate and accurate files and records.
- Provide direct assistance to program participants in proportion to the amount of time the position is allocated to program services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Economic and Workforce Development.
open until filled