Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Parts Department Instruction Lab Assistant
This position will serve two roles: Parts Department instruction and Diesel Technology Lab Assistant. This position will contribute to the comprehensive educational experience for the Automotive Technology and Diesel Technology students. This position would involve spending approximately 20 hours per week instructing student, in the diesel lab. This would include: explaining and demonstrating service procedures and practices; explaining safety practices, and ensure compliance of all safety procedures. This position would also spend approximately 20 hours per week instructing students on the parts ordering procedures for lab projects in both the Diesel Lab and the Automotive Lab.
Required: High School Diploma or GED
Preferred: Associates Degree
The desired candidate would be experienced in basic mechanics and technical practices and procedures used in the Diesel Industry. They would also be experienced in parts industry practices, procedures, and terminology used in the Diesel and Automotive fields.
- Students will be taught the processes and procedures related to procuring parts from various suppliers for the Automotive Technology and Diesel Technology programs;
- Order materials and supplies,
- Compute customer bills;
- Prepare and process billing invoices;
- Pick up parts or schedule deliveries,
- Distribute materials and parts to the appropriate program;
- Maintain parts inventories;
- Distribute tools for both departments as needed;
- Coordinate the Lab schedule for both programs;
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills;
- Complete the accounting/cashier duties for the Automotive and Diesel customer repairs
- Process incoming and outgoing mail;
- Practice and enforce all safety procedures;
- Use database applications to create and manage files and communicate information;
- Assist customers in person by mail, and over the telephone;
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
open until filled