Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Dean of Enrollment Services
Provides leadership for staff, operations, activities, and initiatives in the following departments: Admissions, Financial Aid, Recruiting, and Records and Registration. Supervises and directs activities in the Welcome Center. Responsible for the development and management of departmental goals, personnel, policies, procedures, and budgets. Maintains viable working relationships and communication within the division and with other college departments and personnel in order to carry out, with positive results, the mission of the division and the college.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in higher education, with a job history that demonstrates progressive responsibility.
- Experience with recruiting, admissions, registration, and financial aid.
- Experience in budget, supervision, student services planning, and data management.
- Experience or training that demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills and strong management skills.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that illustrates a history of successful collaboration with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Experience that demonstrates student-centered decision making.
- Experience that substantiates a commitment to delivering first-rate customer service and exceptional support on a daily basis.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of higher education issues, policies, and principles.
- Knowledge of current student issues and best practices in the profession.
- An in-depth understanding of admissions, financial aid, and registration policies, processes, and procedures.
- Strong communicative and leadership skills, as well as strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to interpret and communicate policies and procedures to students, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and accomplish goals through collaboration and cooperation.
- Ability to develop and support a team of talented professionals.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, colleagues, faculty, and staff.
- Ability to work as a contributing member of high-energy team in a fast-paced environment.
- Reports directly to the Vice President of Student Services, maintaining a good working relationship and communications with the Vice President, supporting him/her in carrying out the division’s responsibilities through the resources, activities, and initiatives of the department.
- Functions as a team member with other deans and directors within the division in the delivery of quality services to students, staff, faculty, and others involved in the educational process within the scope of the department’s resources, mission, and capabilities.
- Under the general direction of the Vice President of Student Services and in cooperative leadership with the staff, develops tactical plans and departmental goals, and supervises budgeting and operational procedures.
- Supervises and is involved in the day-to-day operation of the department. Ultimately responsible for carrying out budgeting, staffing, planning, and record keeping as well as development and evaluation of services of the department, all within the jurisdiction and in the scope expected by the Vice President of Student Services.
- Maintains viable working relationships within the division and the department as well as with other personnel of the college, in order to carry out, with positive results, the mission of the department, the division, and the College.
- Provides leadership and supervision for the staff in Admissions, Financial Aid, Recruiting, and Records and Registration by assigning and delegating tasks, giving direction, resolving work problems, communicating job expectations, training employees, evaluating performance, and developing professional growth opportunities.
- Provides leadership to the development of necessary programs and services designed to ensure student access and transition to college. Tracks and evaluates the progress of students from recruitment to enrollment.
- Tracks, compiles, interprets, and reports statistical data as it relates to recruitment and enrollment.
- Explains, interprets, follows, and enforces college policies as well as state and federal rules and regulations, especially as they relate to the various functions of Enrollment Services.
- Continually scans the environment for new systems, processes, and technologies that will better serve students and staff, and leads the department in implementation of such systems, processes, and technologies.
- Coordinates annual revisions to the catalog, advising guides, Degree Audit program, and Academic Program Web Pages.
- Coordinates the commencement exercises.
- Assists with other tasks/projects as assigned by the Vice President of Student Services.
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Requires prolonged standing or sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
open until filled