Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
The Test Proctor proctors a wide variety of tests in the Iowa Western Testing Center, while maintaining a positive attitude and an image of friendliness. The Test Proctor also assists in the execution of processes and provides data-entry support for the Admissions and Records Office with efficiency and accuracy.
High School diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in customer-related and customer service related field with the demonstrated ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and congenially required.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that illustrates a history of successfully collaborating with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Experience or training that demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, strong computer skills, and strong organizational skills.
- Administers and proctors tests for prospective and current students. Tests include CLEP, Iowa Dental Board, Distance Education exams, and SuccessNavigator. Enters student data and test scores in the College’s Student Information System.
- Administers and proctors tests for students enrolled in online classes. Ensures test materials and instructions have been received from the instructor prior to the testing appointment. Communicates results to the instructor as soon as possible after the testing appointment.
- Administers and proctors a variety of other tests, including those for the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and for the Iowa Board of Dental Examiners.
- Provides data-entry and file management support for the Admissions and Records Office with efficiency and accuracy, including entering prospect cards, processing address changes, and other projects as assigned.
- Manages paperwork and documentation of tests. Communicates important information regarding testing details with the Disability Services Support Assistant and other Testing Proctors.
- Reviews and responds to email inquiries through the Testing email.
- Maintains a high-level of confidentiality with regard to student records.
- Delivers exceptional customer service on a consistent basis by responding to students quickly, accurately, and congenially.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
$11.00 per hour
Monday – Thursday 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday (every other) 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Requires prolonged standing or sitting.
This position is primarily independent work. This position works with students on a regular, face-to-face basis. This position works in quiet spaces and sits frequently.
open until filled