Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
High School Diploma Required, College Degree Preferred
Must have good written and oral communication skills, excellent time management skills, knowledge of basic office procedures and basic bookkeeping, ability to type at least 50 wpm, the ability to work well with all groups of people, to follow instructions, to work occasional evenings and weekends, to be detail-oriented, and to handle confidential matters.
Act as the Front Desk support for the Page Fremont County Center; handle course registrations, money transactions, and book sales; provide testing services; work occasional night and weekends; do other duties as assigned.
- Manage the efficient operation of Page Fremont County Center office, including support for all programs (college credit, adult and continuing ed, Hiset,, and others).
- Collect data for reports and student records for Center programs in a systematic and timely manner.
- Assist in proctoring college credit exams like COMPASS and other tests, and in advising students on college schedule.
- Assist in managing the master schedule and bookings of classrooms and facilities.
- Assist in managing building; communicate with vendors when supplies and services are needed.
- Assist with recruitment and marketing with telephone calls, producing brochures, and managing mailings.
- Process registrations, collections of fees, bank deposits, book sales and receipts.
- Open and close the Center occasionally as needed outside of regular hours.
- Perform receptionist duties: answer phone, take messages, greet and help visitors and students courteously, manage mail, keep files in orderly fashion.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of the Clarinda / Shenandoah Center and the Center Advisor / Community Relations Specialist
open until filled