Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
High School Diploma Required, College Degree Preferred
Must have good written and oral communication skills, excellent time management skills, knowledge of basic office procedures and basic bookkeeping, the ability to work well with all groups of people, to follow instructions, to be detail-oriented, and to handle confidential matters.
Support Iowa Westerns evening programming and work with industry and community partners to develop stronger relationships. Position will work 15-20 hours a week. Hours will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 4:00 -8:00 PM. Additional hours will be coordinated upon hire.
- Provide support for students in the evening programs; answer questions, maintain coffee and snack area, assist in ensuring students receive their books, direct them on the registration process, and assist them with any issues that may arise.
- Assist faculty with any problems that may arise at night such as technology issues or students follow-up.
- Create and maintain a job board (electronic and physical board) for all the industrial technology programs.
- Assist in managing communication with industry and community partners that would strengthen programs, and increase enrollment.
- Assist with recruitment and marketing with telephone calls, producing brochures, and managing mailings.
- Perform receptionist duties: answer phone, take messages, greet and help visitors and students courteously, manage mail, keep files in orderly fashion.
- Other duties as assigned
open until filled