Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your
For all Faculty positions please include an official copy of transcripts.
Director of Admissions/Onboarding (Internal Only)
Provides leadership for a diverse staff of professionals and collaborates with colleagues across the division to ensure students not only have access to a quality education but are also positioned for success. Directs admissions and acceptance processes for all Iowa Western academic programs, and coordinates relevant, timely, and frequent communication to applicants and current students. Develops and directs student onboarding and orientation programs, services, and initiatives.
Master’s degree required.
- A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in student services at a post-secondary institution.
- Experience supervising and coaching a staff of professionals.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that illustrates a history of successfully collaborating with coworkers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Experience that illustrates successful coordination of a multitude of activities and programs to accomplish objectives.
- Experience that demonstrates a commitment to delivering first-rate service to and exceptional support for students on a daily basis.
- Experience that demonstrates student-centered decision making.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully work on and complete several projects at one time.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with student, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to accurately, effectively, and efficiently communicate information to students, faculty, and staff members.
- Ability to respond to students, faculty, and staff with diplomacy and professionalism.
- Ability to organize time and tasks; ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, particularly the ability to operate and understand programming for a complex student information system and the ability to perform all functions in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and ability to follow through independently.
- Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Requires prolonged sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
open until filled