Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Adjunct Basic Life Support/CPR Instructor
Locations: Cass County Center, Clarinda Center, and Council Bluffs Campus
Basic Function and Responsibility:
This position will be responsible for delivering CPR and First Aid in the Workplace classes for credit.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require lifting up to 25 lbs. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in a classroom setting.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and teach classes as assigned by the academic dean.
- Maintain up-to-date syllabi, using criteria established by the Dean, in all courses as assigned.
- Exhibit a positive and professional demeanor and attitude, contributing to a productive and growth oriented work environment.
- Participate in the coordination and compliance with accreditation criteria.
- Upgrade skills and knowledge relevant to teaching field or discipline.
- Maintain equipment, technology and facilities used and report any problems to the division secretary.
- Be available to students for consultation before and/or after scheduled class time.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding students and colleagues.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner, such as: uploading syllabi to course shells, maintaining an accurate and up-to-date electronic attendance manager and grade book, complete and submit reports regarding student attendance and progress, submit final grades, and submit end-of-term electronic course assessments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Function as a team member to promote, develop, and deliver quality educational programs and activities that are in the best interest of the students, the division, the College, and the College district.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships and communications with the secondary school leadership teams, health science faculty, nursing faculty and college staff.
- Serve as the contact with long term care facilities providing state regulatory agencies to maintain compliance with standards and the secondary schools.
- Develop and present the Nursing Aide course with recorded content for use by the secondary schools.
- Oversee and serve as the long term care nursing resource for affiliated secondary school offerings of Nursing Aide course, attending quarterly health science academy meetings.
- Assess course outcomes each term making pertinent changes to improve student outcomes.
- Serve as a role-model for the pre-health care students to promote the nursing and allied health programs at Iowa Western through participation and presentations to appropriate secondary schools and community organizations.
- Coordinate optimal clinical experiences including various long term care facilities and simulation opportunities for students enrolled in the Nurse Aide course.
- Document correspondence and meeting minutes.
Education: Must have American Heart Association Basic Life Support instructor certification
Required: Strong organizational skills. Excellent oral and written communication and human relations skills. Effective organizational skills, particularly as they relate to the teacher-learning process. Capable of creating a classroom environment with is conducive to student learning. Computer experience in common software and internet. Commitment to cultural diversity among students, faculty and in curriculum.
Previous experience teaching related content.
For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
open until filled