Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Disability Services Assistant/Receptionist
The Disability Services Assistant/Receptionist provides support to the Coordinator of Disability Services and the Academic Success Office by managing front-line services which includes serving as a receptionist, assisting students, and managing correspondence with students.
Education: High school diploma required. Associate Degree preferred.
- Experience that demonstrates sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disabled backgrounds of community college students.
- Experience that illustrates a history of successfully collaborating with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Experience that demonstrates strong communications skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Experience that demonstrates the ability to successfully work and complete several projects at one time.
- Previous experience working with individuals with disabilities, preferably in a higher education setting.
- Previous experience and knowledge of RID code of conduct and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and ADA laws.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All Student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time, and maintain positive relationships with students, staff, and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer and technological skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruption.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Provides exceptional, friendly, and helpful customer service to students, faculty, and staff at the front desk of the Academic Success Office by providing information, answering questions, and providing assistance.
- Provides general administrative support to the Coordinator of Disability Services.
- Oversees the scheduling of exams for students with testing accommodations.
- Monitors and provides follow-up to students who have started the accommodations process; updates the Coordinator of Disability Services.
- Prepares and sends routine student correspondence regarding accommodations.
- Locates alternative text for students with the appropriate accommodations and distributes text in a timely manner to students.
- Maintains detailed records of all requests for and fulfillment of technology and assistive equipment.
- Maintains confidentiality as required by ADA law.
- Provides administrative support to the Academic Success Office bay. Assists students by answering general questions, giving directions to campus resources and buildings, and issuing parking permits.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
$11.00 per hour
8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required.
open until filled