Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Intern Athletic Trainer
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from accredited athletic training program.
NATABOC certification and eligible for Iowa licensure. Must be in good standing with the NATA. Current CPR, AED & First-Aid Certification. Computer skills required. Candidate must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as strong interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
0+ Certified years
Candidate must be able to stand for at least four straight hours, lift at least 50 pounds to waist level, run/jog 100 yards without stopping, and be able to see 100 yards with or without corrective lenses.
Provide athletic training coverage for team practices and competitions for sports assigned by Athletic Training staff. Assist in the coordination of healthcare for all junior college athletes through prevention, recognition, management and treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic injuries and illnesses. Assist in coordination of athletic training room and facilities, including record keeping, inventory, data entry, etc. Daily schedule varies. Some overnight and day travel is required. This is a 10 month appointment. A stipend of $1,000 per month is provided. This position runs from July 23, 2018- May 23, 2019.
- Assist in all aspects of the Athletic Training department.
- Provide athletic training coverage for in-season varsity and JV athletic competitions
- Occasional travel with athletic teams for post-season tournament play.
- Administration of policies and procedures
- Implementation of emergency action plans
- Provide evaluations, treatment, and rehab of injuries
- Supervision of work study students.
- Supervision of athletic training students.
- Assist in maintaining and recording of medical records of student-athletes.
- Option to teach if a master’s degree is held.
- Other duties as assigned.
open until filled