Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
Basic Function and Responsibility:
Under general supervision, coordinates, oversees and performs a variety of skilled clerical and office management activities for an academic division. Provides support for faculty and dean. Considerable judgment and independent action is exercised in establishing or adapting work procedures to new situations.
Typical Physical Demands:
Requires prolonged standing or sitting. Requires frequent bending, stooping or stretching. May require light lifting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires ability to distinguish letters or symbols. Requires the use of office equipment such as computer terminals, calculator, telephone, faxes, and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
Work is routinely performed in an office environment. Frequent contact with internal and external customers is required. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am- 4:30 pm.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
* Faculty/Division Support:
- Maintains all files and supportive data in an organized system for the respective division.
- Serves as the divisional contact for students, faculty, community and vendors.
- Schedules meetings for the dean and designated persons.
- Collects, inputs scheduling data, archives and maintains accuracy of this data for the academic year, produce and post classroom schedules
- Coordinates the hiring process and orientation of new faculty, including interactions with Human Resources and Information Technology.
- Maintains timely submission of course/program assessments, web-based program pages, and syllabi uploading by working closely with program chairs.
- Maintains active communication with appropriate accrediting agency personnel.
- Serves as the dean’s designee for transmitting instructions, coordinating communication within the division in a timely manner and is delegated responsibility for handling specific routine administrative details.
- Composes correspondence on routine matters requiring knowledge of departmental operations and regulations using standardized forms.
* Public Relations:
- Acts as a receptionist, greeting visitors, answering and responding to general inquiries, or directing visitors.
* Fiscal Duties:
- Completes all correspondence, financial reports, documents and other transcribing for the dean with accuracy.
- Prepares purchase requisitions, travel requests and internal budget transfers.
- Prepares faculty and staff payroll related documents.
- Monitors budget expenses and tracks invoices.
* General Office:
- Performs routine office management activities independently.
- Organizes, prioritizes, and retrieves appropriate data to complete assignments from the supervisor within established guidelines.
- Retrieves/tracks files or information from manual or automated files.
- Maintains manuals and updates resource materials, ensures they are accessible on-line.
- Demonstrates continuous quality improvement efforts to improve operations while maintaining quality service and timeliness.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all areas of position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Knowledge of:
- Proper business English, spelling, and grammar.
- Office practices, procedures, and equipment operations.
- Customer relations.
- Conflict resolution.
* Ability to:
- Maintain high level of confidentiality
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions; learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation.
- Work independently on assignments with minimal guidance.
- Organize, prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material.
- Work cooperatively with the public and other College employees.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer operations and software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Act independently in adapting work procedures as situations require.
- Move light objects weighing less than 20 pounds such as mail, supplies, and files.
- Sort, separate, arrange, file, and distribute incoming mail products or material in appropriate manner.
Perform a broad range of duties.
Required: Associate degree in office administration or related field or three years of progressively responsible administrative professional experience.
General supervision received from Dean of Division
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
open until filled