Application for Employment
Please send completed employment application and resume to:
Iowa Western Community College
2700 College Rd. Box 4-C
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
For Professional Staff positions please include a minimum salary requirement in your cover letter. For all Faculty and Adjunct positions please include an IWCC Application, Cover Letter, Resume and Unofficial Transcripts.
TRIO Program Assistant
This position provides support to both the TRiO/Student Support Services program and the Academic Success Office by managing front-line services offered in the TRiO lab and the Academic Success Office, which includes serving as a receptionist, assisting students, and entering data.
The TRIO Student Support Services program is a federal grant program whose purpose is to increase the retention, graduation, and transfer rates of low-income, first-generation college students and students with disabilities. The program serves approximately 175 students each year. Services include: instruction in college success skills, one-on-one tutoring, academic and transfer advising, financial aid advising, and assistance with transfer admissions and financial aid for enrollment in four year institutions.
High School diploma or equivalency required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- Must express sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability backgrounds of community college students.
- Must illustrate a history of successful collaboration with co-workers on a regular basis to achieve common goals.
- Must demonstrate student-centered decision making.
- Must convey a commitment to delivering first-rate customer service and exceptional support on a daily basis.
- Experience with computer work, including in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Work performed in Student Services at an institution of higher education, preferably a community college.
Skills and Abilities:
- Iowa Western’s Student Services Division fosters learning environments that engage and empower our students to grow and develop. All student Services staff members must have the ability to excel in team and individual settings, multi-task, problem solve, manage their time and maintain positive relationships with students, staff and faculty while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate policies and procedures to students.
- Possess a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to follow through independently and organize time effectively.
- Strong computer skills, particularly the ability to operate and understand a complex student information system and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Provides exceptional, friendly, and helpful customer service to students, faculty, and staff in the TRiO lab and at the front desk of the Academic Success Office by providing information, answering questions, and providing assistance.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks while staffing the front desk for the TRiO lab, as well as for the Academic Success office bay, including processing applications, tracking participation, filing paperwork, and managing laptop check-in/check-out process.
- Maintains applicant and participant rosters for TRiO, and updates student information in database, ensuring each file has the appropriate mandated documentation.
- Initiates communication with TRiO program applicants regarding onboarding appointments with TRiO Advisors.
- Ensures the TRiO lab space is kept organized, and maintains a study environment that is productive for a multitude of students.
- Assists the TRiO Director in compiling the Annual Performance Review (APR) for the US Department of Education.
- Assists Associate Dean for Pottawattamie Promise and TRiO with data collection for the Pottawattamie Promise program, as well as other clerical support.
- Assists the Director of Advising with advisor assignment process.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Iowa Western offers a wide array of competitive benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, retirement with generous matching, and paid time-off (including numerous holidays).
Monday through Friday 8am-4:30pm
Requires prolonged sitting.
Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
open until filled