Iowa Western Community College is a learning community committed to excellence in meeting educational needs and improving the quality of life through programs, partnerships and community involvement.
Iowa Western Community College will be recognized as a premier educational leader and partner, with student learning and success being our highest priority.
These statements of Beliefs support and clarify the Mission Statement of Iowa Western Community College.
- Faculty, students, staff and community partners are equal stakeholders in the culture of our learning community.
- Each and every individual has dignity and worth.
- Community support depends upon identifying and meeting the diverse and changing needs of the people in Southwest Iowa.
- Each person deserves opportunities for lifelong learning and growth.
- Open, honest communication, through word and action, builds credibility and trust.
- Striving for excellence is worth the effort of all college employees.
- Cooperative partnerships, foster college and community growth.
We believe creating an environment where people treat each other with a sense of dignity and self-worth and where people convey genuine concern for helping others to achieve their goals will add value to student learning experience.
We believe acting with a sense of purpose, vigor, and passion and merging of our personal and work values will enable us to fulfill our pledge to provide opportunities, which encourage students to reach their full potential.