Sustainable Energy Technology Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 1 Semester
Number of Majors: 19
Average Class Size: 20
Program Capacity: 30
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
Renewable Energy Technology is the wave of the future, and Iowa Western's new certificate program will enable you to get on board with this expanding career field. This certificate program is designed to provide the basic skills and knowledge needed for entry-level jobs in the manufacturing, installation, and maintenance of wind turbines and solar energy systems, in just one semester.
This program is designed to place students into the workforce upon completion of this four-month certificate. This certificate program prepares students for entry-level positions in the manufacturing, installation, and maintenance of renewable energy systems. Students who wish to earn an advanced degree and prepare for higher level jobs should continue on to complete the Sustainable Energy technology: Renewable Energy program and earn an Associate of Applied Science degree.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Research and report on the processes, history, development and future of Renewable Energy.
- Contrast and compare methods of Renewable Energy production in context of sustainability and environmental impact.
- Describe properties and function of programmable, electrical and mechanical systems used in Renewable Energy.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* A.A. and A.S. Degree Programs provide students a general education core in Communications, Social Sciences, Science & Mathematics, Humanities, and Diversity. The foundation of required and elective courses prepares students for transfer into a four-year college or university bachelor's degree Program.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).