Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Operations Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Semesters, 1 Summer
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Operations Certificate program of study provides students with the opportunity to develop skills, abilities, and an understanding of the agronomic aspects of production agriculture. Careers in production agriculture and agronomy operations can be pursued. Students are provided classroom instruction, lab and field experience. Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Operate current technology used in production agriculture and the agriculture service industries.
- Identify the plant morphology of common Midwestern crop and weed species.
- Categorize soil, plant, and climatic factors that influence plant growth and development.
- Identify, handle, mix and apply various agricultural chemicals.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).