Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Sales & Service Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Semesters, 1 Summer
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Agribusiness Technology: Agronomy Sales & Service program of study provides students with the opportunity to develop skills, abilities, and an understanding of the agronomic aspects of production agriculture. Careers in production agriculture, agronomy operations, precision agriculture, and agronomy sales can be pursued. Student are provided classroom instruction, lab, and field experience. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Operate current technology used in production agriculture and the agriculture service industries.
- Identify the plant morphology of common Midwestern crop and weed species.
- Evaluate vairous crop production practices and techniques used to produce Midwestern crops.
- Categorize soil, plant, and dlimatic factors that influence plant growth and development.
- Identify, handle, mix and apply various agricultural chemicals and fertilizers.
- Effectively communicate various production practices and products.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).