CNC Machining Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Semesters
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Evening Only
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The CNC Machining Diploma Program prepares students for an entry level position as a CNC machine operator or general machinist. Students program, set-up, and operate a computer numerical control (CNC) machine, inspect parts, perform production runs and set-up jobs. Students gain a strong foundation of blueprint reading, CAD and basic manual machining skills. Students will work on lathes, mills and a variety of CNC machinery. Program is pending Iowa Department of Education approval.
This program is designed for students intending to enter the workforce upon completion of the CNC Machining Diploma Program. Graduates are prepared for careers in the manufacturing industry as CNC operators, machine operators, and machinists.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Operate and set-up various types of manual and CNC Machines.
- Read and interpret part and assembly drawings with both dimensional and geometric tolerances.
- Construct jigs, fixtures, compound and progressive dies.
- Perform basic inspection procedures using measuring tools and coordinate measuring equipment.
- Use CAD and 3-D modeling software to draw and dimension die components.
- Setup and operate CNC Vertical and Wire Electrical Discharge Machines.
- Design and construct basic plastics injection molds.
- Work safely and responsibly within a production CNC or a machine shop environment.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).