Computers: Cyber Security
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall and Spring
Program Length: 2 Years
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
Computer Security training continues to be a high-demand area of job opportunity and learning, and Iowa Western is responding to this demand with a Cyber Security program of study which can prepare students to transfer to a four-year institution.
This is exciting program will help you develop a broad general education base and gain knowledge in the area of Cyber Security and information technology as you work toward an Associate in Arts degree. You’ll be able to take classes on a full-time or part-time basis, and scholarships are available. Not all program courses are offered on-line or every year. There are opportunities for valuable hands-on experience in computer labs. If protecting vital technology systems and data is your goal, this program is for you.
This program is designed for students intending to transfer on to a four-year institution upon completion of this two-year degree. This program enables students to be prepared for careers in an array of business areas associated with Cyber Security, ranging from entry-level to upper-level positions. Specific career opportunities depend on courses taken at Iowa Western as well as what courses are taken while pursuing a bachelor's degree. Some examples of careers include security system management, penetration testing, forensics investigations, and security auditing.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate application development and database connectivity.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of a secure network.
- Understand analytics of network traffic.
- Understand system security.
* Because career opportunities associated with this degree are so varied, salaries vary considerably as well. To explore careers and gather specific salary information, we encourage you to visit the following website: IHaveaPlanIowa
* A.A. and A.S. Degree Programs provide students a general education core in Communications, Social Sciences, Science & Mathematics, Humanities, and Diversity. The foundation of required and elective courses prepares students for transfer into a four-year college or university bachelor's degree Program.