Computers: Application & Web Programming
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Years
Number of Majors: 52
Average Class Size: 14
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day, Evening, Online
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
If you're looking to broaden your computer skills and take advantage of high-tech employment opportunities, the Application and Web Programming program of study is made just for you. What’s special about this program? How about:
- The use of smart boards
- State-of-the-art technology
- A totally wireless campus
- A smaller class size for more individual attention
This program is designed to get you on the ground floor of any company. It prepares you to become a web programmer, programmer, or database programmer. Job placement is 100 percent, and there is the opportunity to transfer to a four-year institution. Not all program courses are offered on-line or every year.
This program is designed to place students into the workforce upon completion of this two-year degree. This program will prepare students for entry-level jobs as software programmers and web programmers. In addition, because the skills learned in this program of study are applicable in many facets of the business world, students can find job opportunities in many different career fields as well.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate leadership and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for application programs.
- Demonstrate use of analytical and problem solving skills for web development.
- Design, create and maintain a relational database system.
- Create and develop interactive web pages.
- Effectively interact with users to determine requirements.
- Construct applications with database connectivity for various platforms.
- Design and illustrate a computer network.
- Evaluate systems and project management.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.