Construction Technology: Carpentry Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 1 Semester
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Construction Technology: Carpentry Certificate program of study prepares students for entry level jobs in the residential construction industry. This certificate program will expose students to carpentry theory, techniques, and building materials. Students receive safety training and complete the 10-hour OSHA and EPA training. Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate..
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Identify and demonstrate the use of appropriate tools safely for residential construction.
- Interpret residential blueprints and plans.
- Identify various types of interior and exterior finishes in residential construction.
- Demonstrate how to construct floor, wall, ceiling and stair systems in residential construction.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).