Early Childhood: Administration Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Spring Only
Program Length: 1 Semester
Average Class Size: 15
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day, Evening, Online
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
This certificate program is designed for working professionals with a degree to courses providing the foundation for operating a child care business. Students will study leadership and management skills necessary to successfully administer an early childhood program.
In this program, you will study methods in enrollment, budgeting, legal issues, supervision, and communication skills in working with families, staff, community, and related professionals in an early childcare setting.
This program is designed for people who are currently working in the field but need need additional education in order to pursue a management position or administrative career. This program will provide students with the leadership and management skills necessary to successfully administer an early childhood care program. Upon completion of this one-semester program, you will be prepared for a career as a child care center director. Students who do not already have a degree should consider enrolling in one of Iowa Western’s Early Childhood degree programs.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the early childhood profession.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the skills needed for the administration of an early childhood program.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamental business and legal principles wihich impact the administration of an early childhood program.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).