HVAC/R Technology Diploma
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 2 Semesters, 1 Summer
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Evening Only
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The HVAC/R Technology Diploma program of study provides all of the skills necessary to gain meaningful employment as an entry-level Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) technician. The diploma program is designed to train students to be HVAC technicians in a real-world, hands-on environment. Students will learn to troubleshoot, install, and maintain HVAC/R systems. This program is designed to meet the related technical instruction for some DOE apprenticeship programs. Graduates of this program are awarded a diploma.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Execute mathematical processes and use of formulas necessary for design, evaluation, and installation of HVACR systems.
- Explain composition and usage of HVACR materials, equiptment, and tools required for installation and diagnostic tasks.
- Apply safety procedures and regulations related to workplace and job requirements.
- Explain the refrigeration cycle, gas laws, and properties of refrigerants required for diagnostic and systems design.
- Identify drawings, technical diagrams, and specification charts required for installation and repair of HVACR systems.
- Explain theories and processes for evaluating and installing electrical systems and controls.
- Demonstrate procedures for installing, inspecting, testing, repairing, and maintaining HVACR systems.
- Identify procedures for following government regulations regarding the conservation, recovery, and recycling of refrigerants.
* Salary information from EMSI Analyst Database.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).