Medical/Clinical Assistant Certificate
Just the Facts
Program Start Term: Fall Only
Program Length: 1 Semester
Part-Time or Full-Time: Both
Program Courses Offered: Day
Program Locations: Council Bluffs Campus
About the Program
The Medical/Clinical Assistant Certificate program of study prepares individuals, under the supervision of physicians, to provide medical office administrative services and perform clinical duties, including patient intake and care, routine diagnostic and recording procedures, pre-examination and examination assistance, and the administration of first aid. This program includes instruction in basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical ethics, patient communications, medical office procedures, and clinical diagnostic, testing and treatment procedures. Graduates of this program are awarded a certificate.
Upon the successful completion of the program students will:
- Demonstrate the ability to perform medical clinical duties.
- Demonstrate appropriate professional and eithical behavior.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate using basic and therapeutic techniques.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately perform meical administrative duties.
* The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided here describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the most recent academic year (as of July 1).