Welcome to the teen Driver's Education Program. We are committed to providing the best possible training in preparing your teen for the licensing process.
This class meets the requirements of Iowa Code for driver education, with a focus on the first time teen driver 14-17 years old. A minimum of 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction are provided. Our program is certified by the state of Iowa, and uses only certified instructors in the classroom and behind the wheel. Textbook is included in cost of class.
Textbook will be loaned to students and must be returned the last day of class.Replacement fee for a lost/damaged textbook is $40.
Driver Education September
This class meets the requirements of Iowa Code for driver education, with a focus on the first time teen driver 14-16 years old. A minimum of 30 hours of classroom instruction and 6 hours of behind the wheel instruction are provided. Parent's meeting is Saturday, August 25 from 9-11 am. Textbook included. Fee $450
|Section #||Location||Day(s)||Start Date||Start Time||Building||Contact Number|
|DRIVE 16*02 - CF18||Council Bluffs Campus||S||09/08/2018||8:00-11:00AM||Looft Hall
||10 sessions||Call 712-325-3256|
School Year Schedule
During the school year we offer two sessions, one in the fall and one in the spring. Classes meet Saturday mornings and run for 10 sessions with drive times scheduled after school and on Saturday. The parent's meeting is generally scheduled the Saturday before the session starts. Drive sessions can be expected to continue for as long as 30 days after the end of classroom sessions, but have some flexibility.
We offer driver education two times each summer in intense 2 week long sessions to make them easier to fit between other summer activities. The first session starts in June, the second session in July. Drive sessions can be expected to continue for as long as 30 days after the end of classroom sessions, but have some flexibility.
A detailed description of the class can be found in the Syllabus.
- Students must have a learner’s permit.
- We offer 1 make-up day, and by state law students must be present for 30 hours of instruction. If they cannot attend class because of other events, they will not pass.
- During the school year driving is assigned at 3:30 after school and on Saturdays starting after the class.
- During the summer sessions, drive times are during the day. Sessions run for 2 hours.
- There is a parent’s meeting before the class starts. It is not required, but strongly recommended. Details will follow in an email a few weeks before the class starts.
- We strongly recommend driving as much as possible with your child before and during the class. We have an aggressive driving plan ranging from gravel roads to urban Interstates and downtown Omaha. Students who have never driven will have trouble completing the plan.
If you registered for a class and cannot attend, you may cancel your registration 24 hours prior to the start of class and receive a 100% refund. If you register for a class and do not attend, and did not cancel at least 24 hours in advance, you will still be responsible for the amount owed.