TUITION CREDIT FOR ACTIVE MILITARY DUTY
It is the policy of Iowa Western Community College to assist students called to active military duty or the spouse of a member if the member has a dependent child, by providing tuition credit for courses in which the student is currently enrolled and cannot complete. In order for the student called to active military duty to receive tuition credit, the student must request one of the following options:
1. Apply current tuition and fees to a future term.
2. Receive full refund of tuition and fees for current term.
3. Arrange with each instructor a procedure for completion of course requirements, agreeing to a time limit consistent with college incomplete procedures.
4. Receive partial tuition and fees credit for classes for which completion arrangements are not possible.
The request for tuition credit must be made in writing to the Vice President of Student Services and must be accompanied by a copy of Involuntary Activation Mobilization Orders from the military unit of assignment.
Upon written notification of the student’s intent to return to college, Iowa Western will readmit the student to the program he or she left, providing the following conditions are met:
1. The student exited the program in good standing.
2. The student was not on disciplinary suspension at the time of military call to active duty.
3. The student is academically prepared to enter the sequential courses offered at the time of reentry.